As part of the European Earth Observation Programme (Copernicus), the PASODOBLE project aims to provide information and support for regions and cities that are affected by air pollution. By combining space-based data, in-situ measurements and modeling, the ‘Myair service’ portfolio is being developed and demonstrated for users in four thematic areas:
- Health community support
- Public forecasting and assessment
- Compliance monitoring support
- Local forecast model evaluation support
User-driven and sustainable downstream services in more than 30 regions and cities throughout Europe are being developed. Existing user requirements are analysed and improved service designs proposed. Involving over 30 users in 16 countries, the project links global satellite and modeling capacities to specific local applications according to user needs.
PASODOBLE is working towards a co-ordinated European framework for sustainable downstream air quality services. By developing a generic and integrated service infrastructure, including quality management, it will increase the sustainability and implementation efficiency for new services in the future.
By raising awareness, reducing health costs and decreasing morbidity caused by air pollution, PASODOBLE will contribute to improving quality of life and sustainability of wellbeing.
Health communityHealth community support for hospitals, pharmacies, doctors and people at risk. Read more >
Forecasting and AssessmentPublic information for regions, cities, the tourist industry and sporting event organisers. Read more >
Compliance monitoringCompliance monitoring support on particulate matter for regional environmental agencies. Read more >
Local Forecast EvaluationLocal forecast model evaluation support for local authorities and city bodies. Read more >
Introduction to MyAir PasodobleWatch the MyAir PASODOBLE film »
Use the arrows on the right to browse the different products available.
- Observation and alert platform for public health at East-PACA regional level
- Observation and alert platform for public health at Dutch regional level
- Observation and alert platform for public health at Greek regional level
- Athens and Thessaloniki
- Belgian cities
- Ruhr area
- Fennoscandia and the Baltics
- Black Forest Tourism Information
- Harbour information support for Antwerp & Rotterdam
- Road traffic management support in the Netherlands
- London Airtext
- Aeroallergen (pollen) information
- Wildland-fire information service
- Annual PM10 compliance monitoring support for European regions
- High res annual PM2.5 monitoring support for Northern Italy
- Mediterranean dust load monitoring to explain natural sources of exceedences
- Daily PM10 exceedence forecasting in the Netherlands
- Tools for evaluating local forecast model performance
- Central, Western & Southern Europe
- Central & Southern Europe
- Northern Europe
- South-East Europe
- Joint Airshed
News from the project
The PASODOBLE/Myair Final Meeting was successfully held from 23 to 25 April in Cambridge, UK. All presentations can be found here. ...
If you missed the webinar about VITO’s Traffic Scenario Assessment Service click here. The webinar provided information on the: value of modelling tools for ...
An article on VITO’s traffic scenario assessment service has recently been published on the eurisy website. The article focuses on the use of the service in...